Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@hyrumwright.org> on 2009/06/22 13:23:59 UTC

A final 1.5.x release?

I don't remember if we've discussed this before, but I've been
thinking about cutting a final 1.5.x release.  It's been more than 4
months since 1.5.6, and there are a number of pending nominated fixes
in 1.5.x/STATUS.  We still claim to support the 1.5.x release line, so
it makes sense to cut an additional release, but I don't know what the
use demand is.

Thoughts?

-Hyrum

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2364153

Re: A final 1.5.x release?

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 08:23:59AM -0500, Hyrum K. Wright wrote:
> I don't remember if we've discussed this before, but I've been
> thinking about cutting a final 1.5.x release.  It's been more than 4
> months since 1.5.6, and there are a number of pending nominated fixes
> in 1.5.x/STATUS.  We still claim to support the 1.5.x release line, so
> it makes sense to cut an additional release, but I don't know what the
> use demand is.

A few items proposed in STATUS for 1.5.x have already been merged to 1.6.x.

Why don't votes on backports automatically count for both active branches?
We could just assume an implicit +1 and merge the candidates that are
already in 1.6.x. Unless someone explicitly vetos a change for just one
particular release line, or there are significant merge problems for one
release line (which will be noticed, someone has to do the merge),
I don't see much reason for spending the additional review cycles.

Stefan

Re: A final 1.5.x release?

Posted by Senthil Kumaran S <se...@collab.net>.
Hyrum K. Wright wrote:
> I don't remember if we've discussed this before, but I've been
> thinking about cutting a final 1.5.x release.  It's been more than 4
> months since 1.5.6, and there are a number of pending nominated fixes
> in 1.5.x/STATUS.  We still claim to support the 1.5.x release line, so
> it makes sense to cut an additional release, but I don't know what the
> use demand is.
>
> Thoughts?

+1 on this.

Thank You.