Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jason Vincent <fo...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/10 01:37:49 UTC

Table Cell with height=100%...

Hi all,

I have a table-cell that has�one word in it; "Notes:".
The coloumn next to it has a dynamic amount of text in
it.�What I'd like to�have is the border around the
single word to�be the same height as the text colomn
next to it.

Below is�some�xsl-fo that demonstrates what I'm
talking about... I want the border around the Notes:
to be the same height as the border around the text.

I tried setting the height of the block and the cell
to be 100%, but that didn't work. FOP complained about
having no conversion for %

Thanks in advance...
JasonV

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- defines the layout master -->
<fo:layout-master-set>

<fo:simple-page-master master-name="product_page"
page-height="8.5in" page-width="11.0in"
margin-top="0.5in" margin-bottom="0.5in"
margin-left="0.5in" margin-right="0.5in">

<fo:region-body margin-top="32pt"
margin-bottom="22pt"/>
<fo:region-before extent="31pt"/>
<fo:region-after extent="21pt"/>
</fo:simple-page-master>
<!--The page sequence master defines the outline and
order of page definitions that the PDF will follow.-->
<fo:page-sequence-master master-name="outline">
<fo:repeatable-page-master-reference
master-reference="product_page"/>
</fo:page-sequence-master>
</fo:layout-master-set>
<fo:page-sequence master-reference="product_page">
<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
<fo:table border="0.5pt solid black" width="100%"
table-layout="fixed" keep-together="always">
<fo:table-column column-width="3.0in"/>
<fo:table-column column-width="1.0in"/>
<fo:table-column/>
<fo:table-body>
<fo:table-row keep-together="always">
<fo:table-cell padding="0.125in">
<fo:block padding-left="0.5pt">
@MYIMAGE@
</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
<fo:table-cell padding-top="0.125in"
padding-bottom="0.125in" border="0.5pt solid red">
<fo:block font-size="12pt" border="0.5pt solid black">
Notes:
</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
<fo:table-cell padding="0.125in">
<fo:block font-size="12pt" border="0.5pt solid black">
<fo:block>THIS IS TEXT</fo:block>
<fo:block>THIS IS TEXT</fo:block>
<fo:block>THIS IS TEXT</fo:block>
<fo:block>THIS IS TEXT</fo:block>
<fo:block>THIS IS TEXT</fo:block>
<fo:block>THIS IS TEXT</fo:block>
<fo:block>THIS IS TEXT</fo:block>
</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>
</fo:table-body>
</fo:table>
</fo:flow>
</fo:page-sequence>
</fo:root>

Re: Table Cell with height=100%...

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Jason Vincent wrote:
> Below is some xsl-fo that demonstrates what I'm
> talking about... I want the border around the Notes:
> to be the same height as the border around the text.

Your code produces a solid red border around the cell,
the same height as other cells, is this not what you want?

> I tried setting the height of the block and the cell
> to be 100%, but that didn't work. FOP complained about
> having no conversion for %

Percentages are not yet implemented consistently.

J.Pietschmann