Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Michael Lanzetta <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2004/02/01 18:20:25 UTC

[lang] Validate patch

I've added an isInstanceOf method to the validate class, as well as appropriate tests in ValidateTest.  The patch is attached.  It was created using WinCVS 1.2, from the directory jakarta-commons/lang.  I've tested the new functionality from both Eclipse and the Ant build.

Please let me know if I've submitted the patch inappropriately, or even if there's just a "more preferred" method - this is my first patch to Jakarta.

Regards,
Mike Lanzetta

Re: [lang] Validate patch

Posted by __matthewHawthorne <ma...@apache.org>.
Michael Lanzetta wrote:
> Please let me know if I've submitted the patch inappropriately, or even
> if there's just a "more preferred" method - this is my first patch to
> Jakarta.

Submitting patches as enhancements in Bugzilla is usually the preferred
way -- that way there's a permanent record of the patch and it can't get
lost.  Patches posted to the mailing list are often missed.