Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by David Van Couvering <Da...@Sun.COM> on 2005/06/24 23:40:39 UTC

ODBC driver

Hi, all.

 From the following page

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0409cline2/index.html

it *appears* that a free-for-use download of an ODBC driver for Derby is
available.  Is this true?  I couldn't find any license terms.

Also, I can't find the link for the "full" version that is available on
Solaris, can anyone provide any pointers?

Are there any plans to contribute this ODBC driver into Derby?

Thanks,

David

Re: ODBC driver

Posted by Dan Scott <de...@gmail.com>.
On 6/24/05, David Van Couvering <Da...@sun.com> wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
>  From the following page
>
> http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0409cline2/index.html
>
> it *appears* that a free-for-use download of an ODBC driver for Derby is
> available.  Is this true?  I couldn't find any license terms.
>
> Also, I can't find the link for the "full" version that is available on
> Solaris, can anyone provide any pointers?
>
> Are there any plans to contribute this ODBC driver into Derby?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

Hi David:

The free-for-use ODBC driver for Apache Derby is the DB2 Runtime
Client -- you can download a version for many different architectures,
including Solaris, from
http://ibm.com/db2/udb/support/downloadv8.html. You should grab the
latest available version (currently FixPak 9, I believe).

Note that the DB2 Runtime Client includes a lot more 'stuff' than just
the ODBC driver, so they're pretty big.

I don't know about contribution plans.

Dan
Dan