Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jason Toy <ja...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/19 15:00:31 UTC

example doesnt run from source?

I'm trying to run the example app from the svn source, but it doesn't seem
to work. I am able to run :
java -jar start.jar
and Jetty starts with:
INFO::Started SocketConnector@0.0.0.0:8983

But then when I go to my browser and go to this address:
http://localhost:8983/solr/
I get a 404 error.  What else do I need to do to be able to run the example
from source?

Re: example doesnt run from source?

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Right, run "ant example" first to build the example code.
You have to run it from the <solr_install>/solr directory.

Best
Erick

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Jason,

which source did you use for the checkout and how did you build solr?

Regards
Stefan