Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andreas Hasenack <an...@conectiva.com.br> on 2002/09/23 19:24:42 UTC

[users@httpd] IfModule trouble, 2.0.41-dev

I'm trying to use the following in a file included by
apache-2.0.41-dev:

<Directory "/srv/www/default/html/acid">
    AllowOverride None
    order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from 127.0.0.1
<IfModule php4_module.c>
    php_flag engine on
    php_value include_path '.:/srv/www/default/html/acid/config'
</IfModule>
</Directory>

But the part inside the IfModules is being completely ignored. PHP is
being loaded, however. What is the module name I should use there?

I tried:
- mod_php4.c
- php4_module
- some other variations

Is this a problem with my PHP compilation/setup? Apache-1.3.x had an
"AddModule" directive which is gone now, is there something else?

Re: [users@httpd] IfModule trouble, 2.0.41-dev

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
Andreas Hasenack wrote:

> Too bad sapi_apache2.c didn't work either... :(
> I guess I should file a bugreport with the php folks, thanks anyway.

Well, you got me.  I would double check that, since according to the
code, it should work.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] IfModule trouble, 2.0.41-dev

Posted by Andreas Hasenack <an...@conectiva.com.br>.
Em Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 05:31:50PM -0400, Joshua Slive escreveu:
> My quick look through the php cvs says that "sapi_apache2.c" should
> be the answer.  I don't see any mod_php4.c at all, so I don't know where
> you got that from.

google and the php.net site, in the user contributed docs part
http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.linux.php. But that is probably
related to apache1 only.

> You might want to bring this up with the PHP developers as a
> documentation issue.  It shouldn't really be necessary to go digging
> through a bunch of source files in order to find this.

I agree.

Too bad sapi_apache2.c didn't work either... :(
I guess I should file a bugreport with the php folks, thanks anyway.

I only emailed this list here because I didn't know where to get that name
from, now you said it (STANDARD20_MODULE_STUFF), thanks.

Re: [users@httpd] IfModule trouble, 2.0.41-dev

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
Andreas Hasenack wrote:

>>What is the filename of the module that you compile to get the .so file?
>> Try using that.
>

> mod_php4.c
>
> Also didn't work.

Find the source file that contains the macro STANDARD20_MODULE_STUFF.
The name of that file is what must be used in the <IfModule> line.

Posted by Andreas Hasenack <an...@conectiva.com.br>.
Em Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 03:58:10PM -0400, Joshua Slive escreveu:
> What name do you use for the LoadModule line?  Try replacing the .so
> with .c and using the resulting name for <IfModule>.

I'm using:
LoadModule php4_module modules/libphp4.so

And I already tried php4_module.c and libphp4.c, no go.

> What is the filename of the module that you compile to get the .so file?
>  Try using that.

mod_php4.c

Also didn't work.

I tried with mod_ssl.c just to see if IfModules actually worked, and
it worked fine (when I load the SSL module, of course). Must be something
wrong with my php4 compilation, or one of the bugs that still remain in
php4 regarding apache2.

Re: [users@httpd] IfModule trouble, 2.0.41-dev

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by Andreas Hasenack <an...@conectiva.com.br>.
Em Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 08:31:48PM +0200, i.t escreveu:
> msg Montag, 23. September 2002 19:24 by Andreas Hasenack:
> >
> > But the part inside the IfModules is being completely ignored. PHP is
> > being loaded, however. What is the module name I should use there?
>
> if php is loaded you may simply remove the ifModule directive

The point is that it's not necessarily always loaded, while this file gets included
all the time. So, if PHP is not loaded, those php directives are not
known and the server will not start.

Re: [users@httpd] IfModule trouble, 2.0.41-dev

Posted by "i.t" <i....@ithum.de>.
msg Montag, 23. September 2002 19:24 by Andreas Hasenack:

> But the part inside the IfModules is being completely ignored. PHP is
> being loaded, however. What is the module name I should use there?

if php is loaded you may simply remove the ifModule directive
i.t
--
 . ___
 |  |  Irmund     Thum
 |  |

[users@httpd] [error] Cannot remove module

Posted by Walter Maier Neto <wm...@onmail.com.br>.
I compiled mod_gzip.c using  "/usr/sbin/apxs -i -a -c
/usr/src/local/mod_gzip.c"
I made right httpd.conf  (example below);
and in the test "apachectl configtest"
is presenting the error:
"[error] Cannot remove module mod_gzip.c: not found in module list"

Regards ...

Walter Maier Neto

-------httpd.conf------------
LoadModule gzip_module        modules/mod_gzip.so
AddModule mod_gzip.c

LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%V %r\" %>s %b mod_gzip: %{mod_gzip_result}n
In:%{mod_gzip_input_size}n
Out:%{mod_gzip_output_size}n:%{mod_gzip_compression_ratio}npct."
common_mod_gzip
CustomLog logs/access_log common_mod_gzip

mod_gzip_on                 Yes
mod_gzip_can_negotiate      Yes
mod_gzip_dechunk            Yes
mod_gzip_minimum_file_size  256
mod_gzip_maximum_file_size  0
mod_gzip_maximum_inmem_size 100000
mod_gzip_keep_workfiles     No
mod_gzip_temp_dir           "/web/gzip"
mod_gzip_item_include       file "\.html$"
mod_gzip_item_include       file "\.txt$"
mod_gzip_item_include       file "\.jsp$"
mod_gzip_item_include       file "\.php$"
mod_gzip_item_include       file "\.pl$"
mod_gzip_item_include       mime text/.*
mod_gzip_item_include       mime "application/x-httpd-php"
mod_gzip_item_include       mime "httpd/unix-directory$"
mod_gzip_item_include       handler "perl-script$"
mod_gzip_item_include       handler "server-status$"
mod_gzip_item_include       handler "server-info$"
mod_gzip_item_exclude       file "\.css$"
mod_gzip_item_exclude       file "\.js$"
mod_gzip_item_exclude       mime image/.*