Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ap...@herveybayaustralia.com.au on 2009/08/05 06:02:46 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache dies in Freebsd jail

I know this sounds like a headline, but its true.

I had a disk space problem in the jail, so I reconfigured and restored the apache on the new disk size. I then added my other modules that I required from ports. I then checked if it all worked, and I got nada- firefox tells me the sites valid but the server won't connect.

So far I've tried upping log levels to debug, httpd -X, and running portupgrade -fRr apache. All to no avail- I can get no message or hint or idea of why apache fails. If I run ps -ax I see httpd -DNOHTTPACCEPT or httpd -X still running (apparently), but I can't see any listeners on any ports/interfaces with sockstat.

I need some help debugging this- something (ANYTHING!) that will give me a clue on what I've missed here. I'd rather not just blow it all away without attempting to find out what the hell is behind this.

I'm running a jailed FreeBSD 7.2 and apache-2.2.11_7 built from ports. I've built php5-5.2.10, mod_perl2-2.0.4_2,3, and mod_python-3.3.1_2 all from ports as well. I've tried the freebsd-questions list, but I haven't got a response or seen my message even get through.

Any clues will be much appreciated. My logs aren't giving me anything, only that all the modules are all loading ok. I had some ssl cache warnings, but they're resolved (I think). I believe it can't bind to the network for some reason: I need to find that reason.... :)

Cheers

---- Msg sent via @Mail - http://atmail.com/