Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Levani Kokhreidze <le...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/28 09:58:34 UTC

[DISCUSS] KIP-485 Make topic optional when using through() operations in DSL

Hello,

I would like to start discussion about KIP-485 Make topic optional when using through() operations in DSL <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-485:+Make+topic+optional+when+using+through()+operations+in+DSL>

Regards,
Levani

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-485 Make topic optional when using through() operations in DSL

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.
Levani,

Thanks for the KIP!

As mentioned on the Jira, I think we should discard this KIP and subsume
it in KIP-221. Nobody is actively working on KIP-221, so feel free to
pick it up and we move the discussion to the other thread.

-Matthias