Posted to ftpserver-dev@incubator.apache.org by Atul Gohad <ag...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/09 05:04:53 UTC

Files not getting deleted from the Apache FTP Server User home directory.

Hi,

I am using Apache FTP Server binary distribution ftpserver-dev.zip available
from the download page. (http://incubator.apache.org/ftpserver/downloads.html
).

I ran a test with this package on Windows XP / Windows 2k system. I did a
ftp put of single file. The file is placed under the configured user home
directory. However, with the Apache server still running, I am unable to
delete this file. I tried doing a file system delete, and it simply states
that file is being used by another application.

In my end to end scenario, the intention is to have another client polling
the ftp user home directory and pull out the files present there. Since this
file is not getting deleted, the same file is being pulled repeatedly.

I presume this has something to do with the file handle closing by the ftp
server. What is the solution, to this?

A quick solution / workaround for this problem is very much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Atul Gohad.

Re: Files not getting deleted from the Apache FTP Server User home directory.

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
Atul Gohad wrote:
> Hi Niklas,
>
> Thanks for the information.
>
> I tried to do a source code build ( 564084 Revision ) on my Windows XP box,
> with Maven 2.0.5, and am getting a few errors due to the unit tests. ( like
> in org.apache.ftpserver.FeatTest.java)
>
> Is there a way so that I can mask the unit tests during the maven install
> option. I am more interested to see the jar packaging structure of the
> compiled source code. I am pretty new to the maven way of working and am not
> getting a headway on how to do this.

You can run "mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true package" to get JARs without
running the unit tests.

Could you also please ZIP up the core/target/surefire-reports folder and
send it to me off-list? That way I can try to fix the tests that break
for you (they should work consistently on any machine).

/niklas

Re: Files not getting deleted from the Apache FTP Server User home directory.

Posted by Atul Gohad <ag...@gmail.com>.
Hi Niklas,

Thanks for the information.

I tried to do a source code build ( 564084 Revision ) on my Windows XP box,
with Maven 2.0.5, and am getting a few errors due to the unit tests. ( like
in org.apache.ftpserver.FeatTest.java)

Is there a way so that I can mask the unit tests during the maven install
option. I am more interested to see the jar packaging structure of the
compiled source code. I am pretty new to the maven way of working and am not
getting a headway on how to do this.

The tests for the ftp commands due to which build fails are not of immediate
interest to me, so probably I can wait for the same.

Also, alternatively, if you could point me to the compiling source code
version number, which I can extract it would really help, so that I can get
a running build environment first, and then keep adding the changes as and
when required.

Thanks and Regards,
Atul Gohad.

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Thursday 09 August 2007 15:38, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:

> That version is very old and should not be used (I've updated the site
> to reflect that).

Perhaps it is time to cut a new incubating release??

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er
I  work here; http://tinyurl.com/2ymelc
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

Re: Files not getting deleted from the Apache FTP Server User home directory.

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
Hi

Atul Gohad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Apache FTP Server binary distribution ftpserver-dev.zip available
> from the download page. (http://incubator.apache.org/ftpserver/downloads.html
> ).

That version is very old and should not be used (I've updated the site
to reflect that). For now, you have to build your own server from the
source as described here:
http://incubator.apache.org/ftpserver/building.html

/niklas