Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2009/10/27 17:59:46 UTC

Recurring Test Failures WRT Redirector

Hi,

almost every time I run the testsuite at least one of testRedirector13
or testRedirector14 in either ExecTaskTest.java or apply-test.xml fails
- but it doesn't happen all the time and you can't really predict which
one (or how many) of the four of them may fail or not.

Smells like a race condition to me.

Stefan

Re: Recurring Test Failures WRT Redirector

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

I have seen these errors happen often too.

I saw someone write in one of our lists or on bugzilla that we are doing a bad job of closing streams in the exec task at the end of execution.

Sorry I do not have the exact reference to this in mind, but maybe the way we close streams is creating the trouble.

Regards,

Antoine
-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2009-10-28, Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,

>> almost every time I run the testsuite at least one of testRedirector13
>> or testRedirector14 in either ExecTaskTest.java or apply-test.xml fails
>> - but it doesn't happen all the time and you can't really predict which
>> one (or how many) of the four of them may fail or not.

>> Smells like a race condition to me.

> What's the platform?  I recall (a while ago admittedly) having a
> problem on Ubuntu which just didn't appear on XP

Happens on several different Linux platforms (including the Ubuntu
distro running Gump on vmgump) as well as XP.

Stefan

who unfortunately doesn't own a Mac anymore.

Re: Recurring Test Failures WRT Redirector

Posted by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> almost every time I run the testsuite at least one of testRedirector13
> or testRedirector14 in either ExecTaskTest.java or apply-test.xml fails
> - but it doesn't happen all the time and you can't really predict which
> one (or how many) of the four of them may fail or not.
>
> Smells like a race condition to me.

What's the platform?  I recall (a while ago admittedly) having a
problem on Ubuntu which just didn't appear on XP

Kev