Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2007/08/01 05:37:15 UTC

Proposed Branch and Release Schedule for Geronimo 2.0

All,

It looks like we're winding down and readying for the 2.0 release
that is long awaited.  I've been working on something at work for the
last week that has kept me a little distracted from G so apologies if
I missed something in  a thread.

There are lots of supporting elements that are being released.  I saw
Tim got some specs out and I'm working on Genesis and some of the
Connector / Tx stuff that Jencks did.  Assuming these votes succeed
and the Law firm of Miller, Miller and Devoto don't find some odd
file that we need or an extra one we don't it looks like we can spin
up a 2.0 release for a vote later in the week.

That in mind, I propose that we look to create the branches/2.0.0
release on thursday.  This will be the final release and will undergo
the fitting for a release and will not take code changes unless
fixing a specific bug.  the branches/2.0 will be updated to 2.0.1-
SNAPSHOT and can continue the infusion of bug fixes, etc.

Please have all your final fixes in branches/2.0 by Thursday morning
Eastern time so we can branch and lock this monster down.

So, the summary would be:

8/2   Branch branches/2.0 -> branches/2.0.0
8/3   Spin up Geronimo RC 1 and start final TCK run (this will
include inflight jars that votes expire on Friday).
8/7   Geronimo 2.0 is announced to the world and released
8/7   There is much excitement and rejoicing.

If I missed something please chime in.

Cheers.

Re: Proposed Branch and Release Schedule for Geronimo 2.0

Posted by ja...@gmail.com.
Somewhat related... Post this release I'm thinking of refactoring genesis to simplify all that junk. Maybe weed it down to one module for project config. Just a heads up...

--jason

On Jul 31, 2007, at 11:37 PM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> All,
>
> It looks like we're winding down and readying for the 2.0 release
> that is long awaited.  I've been working on something at work for
> the last week that has kept me a little distracted from G so
> apologies if I missed something in  a thread.
>
> There are lots of supporting elements that are being released.  I
> saw Tim got some specs out and I'm working on Genesis and some of
> the Connector / Tx stuff that Jencks did.  Assuming these votes
> succeed and the Law firm of Miller, Miller and Devoto don't find
> some odd file that we need or an extra one we don't it looks like
> we can spin up a 2.0 release for a vote later in the week.
>
> That in mind, I propose that we look to create the branches/2.0.0
> release on thursday.  This will be the final release and will
> undergo the fitting for a release and will not take code changes
> unless fixing a specific bug.  the branches/2.0 will be updated to
> 2.0.1-SNAPSHOT and can continue the infusion of bug fixes, etc.
>
> Please have all your final fixes in branches/2.0 by Thursday
> morning Eastern time so we can branch and lock this monster down.
>
> So, the summary would be:
>
> 8/2   Branch branches/2.0 -> branches/2.0.0
> 8/3   Spin up Geronimo RC 1 and start final TCK run (this will
> include inflight jars that votes expire on Friday).
> 8/7   Geronimo 2.0 is announced to the world and released
> 8/7   There is much excitement and rejoicing.

Hey Matt,
That looks good, especially the excitement and rejoicing part... :-)
We might need to slide in a few more fixes. So, the RC1 spin up date
may need to be adjusted, slightly. These are good goals to set...

--kevan

Re: Proposed Branch and Release Schedule for Geronimo 2.0

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.