Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/27 19:32:01 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache Airavata release 0.11 - RC3

Hi All,

Discussion thread for vote on Apache Airavata 0.11-RC3 release candidate.

If you have any questions or feedback or to post results of validating
the release, please reply to this thread. Once you verify the release,
please post your vote to the VOTE thread.

For reference, the Apache release guide  -
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html

Some tips to validate the release before you vote:

* Download the binary version and run the 5 minute or 10 minute
tutorial as described in README and website.
* Download the source files from compressed files and release tag and
build (which includes tests).
* Verify the distribution for the required LICENSE and NOTICE files
* Verify if all the staged files are signed and the signature is verifiable.
* Verify if the signing key in the project's KEYS file is hosted on a
public server

* Validate JNLP distributions

Thanks for your time in validating the release and voting,
Thejaka Amila
(On Behalf of Airavata PMC)

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Airavata release 0.11 - RC3

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.
I verified the downloads, source build, and that the asc/sha/md5 files
were correct (as per
http://wiki.apache.org/rave/ReleaseManagement/ReleaseVerification and
the bottom instructions at
http://airavata.apache.org/development/release-management.html).

I saw no major problems.

Marlon

Posted by Sachith Withana <sw...@gmail.com>.
I tested the following for the 0.11-RC3 release,

  1.  Downloaded the binary version and ran the 5 minute or 10 minute
tutorials
  2.  Downloaded the source files from compressed files and release tag and
built it (clean repo, including tests).
3. Verified that all the staged files are signed and the signature is
verifiable.
4. Tested the JNLP distributions ( both the zip and the tarball) and ran
the 5 and 10 minute tutorials

Everything looks good.
So +1 for the release.

Sachith Withana

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Airavata release 0.11 - RC3

Posted by Shameera Rathnayaka <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1 for the 0.11-RC3 release,

--
Best Regards,
Shameera Rathnayaka.

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Airavata release 0.11 - RC3

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>.

--
System Analyst Programmer
PTI Lab

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Airavata release 0.11 - RC3

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>.

--
System Analyst Programmer
PTI Lab