Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Nilesh Yadav <ni...@google.com.INVALID> on 2022/07/26 00:16:11 UTC

Avro release plan

Hello,

I've recently contributed to Avro C++ library with
https://github.com/apache/avro/pull/1736

I would like to understand the release cycle of Avro library changes. What
are the steps involved?
Approximately when this feature would be available in public library?

Thank you,
Nilesh

Re: Avro release plan

Posted by Eric Johnson <er...@apache.org>.
Fantastic news, thank you very much Ryan and everyone else!

We will test with the RC.

Best regards, Eric

Re: Avro release plan

Posted by Ryan Skraba <ry...@skraba.com>.

Re: Avro release plan

Posted by Eric Johnson <er...@apache.org>.
Hello Martin,

Re: Avro release plan

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Eric,

As you might know Apache releases are being voted for at least 3 days and
need 3 binding votes (i.e. from PMC members). So it depends on the start
date.
From the other thread I have the feeling that Ryan will do it these days!

Re: Avro release plan

Posted by Eric Johnson <er...@apache.org>.