Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Sangeeth Mukundan <sa...@zolostays.com.INVALID> on 2021/06/04 05:30:38 UTC

Broker has pending messages but consumer is unable to consume

Hi,
I have pending messages in a queue and it is not being consumed by the
consumers.
This situation happens rarely and sometimes it automatically starts
consuming after 15-30 mins. It didn't change even after restarting the
consumer Nodejs Server
Once this case happened in production and messages were pending for 8 hours
and the Nodejs pod had to be restarted for it to start consuming.
What can be the possible causes and solutions for this?

Re: Broker has pending messages but consumer is unable to consume

Posted by Sangeeth Mukundan <sa...@zolostays.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

* I was not able to check the broker logs during the crash, its gone now. But there was no connection error shown in the   application.
  As this happens occasionally I am not able to recreate it

* I restarted the application so this resulted in new consumers, still it was not working. (Except for the case in production where it started consuming after restarting the Nodejs pod )

* It’s with ActiveMQ

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,