Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Steve Dimoff <sd...@usnetworksinc.com> on 2005/08/30 21:38:43 UTC

SA Logging problem

Folks,

	I'm running SA 3.0.4 on a Solaris 10 system.

Everything was working fine, and I went to restart SA and when it came back
up, it no longer is logging to syslog.

I've restarted syslog, rebooted the box, everything.  Here is an output from
SA Debug:

trying to connect to syslog/inet...
no error connecting to syslog/inet
logging enabled:
        facility: mail
        socket:   inet
        output:   syslog
creating INET socket:
        Listen: 5
        LocalAddr: 127.0.0.1
        LocalPort: 783
        Proto: 6
        ReuseAddr: 1
        Type: 2
debug: SpamAssassin version 3.0.4

logmsg: server started on port 783/tcp (running version 3.0.4)
logmsg: server successfully spawned child process, pid 1392
logmsg: server successfully spawned child process, pid 1393
logmsg: server successfully spawned child process, pid 1394
logmsg: server successfully spawned child process, pid 1395
logmsg: server successfully spawned child process, pid 1396
server pid: 1386

But, when I look at the log file /var/adm/maillog it's not recording the
server startup or when it processes a message.

Has anyone seen this before?  I have another Solaris 10 server running SA
and I can't get the system to fail, I can shut spamd down and restart and it
keeps logging.  The Debug on the two are the same.

Please help!
Steve