Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Jer <ha...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/28 18:38:04 UTC

EARConfigBuilder : Unable to delete files

Hi,

Sorry for inconveniance but I stuck into this error. I just try to start an
enterprise application (just a webapp in it for the moment) from Eclipse
using the plugin and get :

Geronimo Application Server started
2012-08-28 18:07:08,143 WARN  [EARConfigBuilder] Unable to delete 105 files
while recursively deleting directory
C:\AppPortables\geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.2.1\repository\default\AMandat\1.0\AMandat-1.0.car
The first file that could not be deleted was:

C:\AppPortables\geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.2.1\repository\default\AMandat\1.0\AMandat-1.0.car\WebMandat.war\WEB-INF\lib\acegi-security-tiger-0.9.0.jar

I try to erase my Geronimo installation and replace it by a fresh install
but same result. (same with eclipse and workspace)

My configuration is :
- Geronimo 2.2.1
- Eclipse Helios, pugin install from it like specified in documentation.

Thanx for your help.
Regards,

Jerome

Re: EARConfigBuilder : Unable to delete files

Posted by Jer <ha...@gmail.com>.
On this test I remove the jars randomly (because Hello World doesn't need any
supplementary jar).
For my project I have still the problem and i going to try to combine jar
files.
The initial list of the jars was :
acegi-security-tiger-0.9.0.jar
antlr-2.7.7.jar
aopalliance-1.0.jar
asm-3.3.jar
asm-commons-3.3.jar
asm-tree-3.3.jar
classworlds-1.1.jar
commons-beanutils-1.8.0.jar
commons-chain-1.2.jar
commons-collections-3.1.jar
commons-digester-2.0.jar
commons-fileupload-1.2.2.jar
commons-io-2.0.1.jar
commons-lang-2.4.jar
commons-lang3-3.1.jar
commons-logging-1.1.1.jar
commons-logging-api-1.1.jar
commons-validator-1.3.1.jar
dom4j-1.6.1.jar
dwr-1.1.1.jar
ehcache-core-2.4.3.jar
ezmorph-1.0.6.jar
freemarker-2.3.19.jar
google-collections-1.0.jar
google-gxp-0.2.4-beta.jar
hibernate-commons-annotations-4.0.1.Final.jar
hibernate-core-4.1.5.Final.jar
hibernate-ehcache-4.1.5.Final.jar
hibernate-jpa-2.0-api-1.0.1.Final.jar
itextpdf-5.3.1.jar
jackson-core-asl-1.9.2.jar
jackson-mapper-asl-1.9.2.jar
jakarta-regexp-1.5.jar
jasperreports-4.7.0.jar
jasperreports-applet-4.7.0.jar
jasperreports-fonts-4.7.0.jar
jasperreports-javaflow-4.7.0.jar
javassist-3.11.0.GA.jar
javassist-3.15.0-GA.jar
json-lib-2.3-jdk15.jar
juli-6.0.18.jar
log4j-1.2.17.jar
ognl-3.0.5.jar
org.apache.felix.bundlerepository-1.2.1.jar
org.apache.felix.framework-1.4.1.jar
org.apache.felix.main-1.4.1.jar
org.apache.felix.shell-1.0.2.jar
org.apache.felix.shell.tui-1.0.2.jar
org.springframework.context.support-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar
org.springframework.jdbc-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar
org.springframework.orm-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar
org.springframework.transaction-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar
org.springframework.web-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar
oro-2.0.8.jar
oval-1.31.jar
plexus-container-default-1.0-alpha-10.jar
plexus-utils-1.2.jar
postgresql-9.1-901.jdbc4.jar
quartz-all-2.1.5.jar
quartz-examples-2.1.5.jar
sitemesh-2.4.2.jar
slf4j-api-1.6.1.jar
spring-aop-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar
spring-asm-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar
spring-beans-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar
spring-context-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar
spring-core-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar
spring-expression-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar
spring-test-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar
spring-web-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar
struts2-codebehind-plugin-2.3.4.jar
struts2-config-browser-plugin-2.3.4.jar
struts2-convention-plugin-2.3.4.jar
struts2-core-2.3.4.jar
struts2-dojo-plugin-2.3.4.jar
struts2-dwr-plugin-2.3.4.jar
struts2-embeddedjsp-plugin-2.3.4.jar
struts2-gxp-plugin-2.3.4.jar
struts2-jasperreports-plugin-2.3.4.jar
struts2-javatemplates-plugin-2.3.4.jar
struts2-jfreechart-plugin-2.3.4.jar
struts2-jsf-plugin-2.3.4.jar
struts2-json-plugin-2.3.4.jar
struts2-junit-plugin-2.3.4.jar
struts2-osgi-admin-bundle-2.3.4.jar
struts2-osgi-demo-bundle-2.3.4.jar
struts2-osgi-plugin-2.3.4.jar
struts2-oval-plugin-2.3.4.jar
struts2-pell-multipart-plugin-2.3.4.jar
struts2-plexus-plugin-2.3.4.jar
struts2-portlet-plugin-2.3.4.jar
struts2-rest-plugin-2.3.4.jar
struts2-sitemesh-plugin-2.3.4.jar
struts2-spring-plugin-2.3.4.jar
struts2-struts1-plugin-2.3.4.jar
struts2-testng-plugin-2.3.4.jar
struts2-tiles-plugin-2.3.4.jar
testng-5.1-jdk15.jar
tiles-api-2.0.6.jar
tiles-core-2.0.6.jar
tiles-jsp-2.0.6.jar
velocity-1.6.3.jar
xmlpull-1.1.3.1.jar
xpp3_min-1.1.4c.jar
xstream-1.4.2.jar
xwork-core-2.3.4.jar

I first keep the 50 fisrt end then the 20 first.

Ivan Xu wrote

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.

2012/8/29 Jer <ha...@gmail.com>

> Thanx for your time Ivan.
> I've made several complemantary tests.
>
> I try to deploy it derectly in Geronimo (on Windows7 64,my computer, and on
> a CentOS5 Server) : same error.
> Try to rebuild a new webapp (from HelloWorld sample : no mode simple). OK
> deployed and started.
> Adding the 106 jars to HelloWorld Webapp in WEBINF/lib : same error than
> before.
> Decrease number of jars to 50 (approximatively I didn't note the exact
> figure) : same error
> Decrease number of jars to 20 : OK. No error.
>
> So it seems to be linked to the number of jars.
> Thx for your help.
>
> Jerome

Ivan

Re: EARConfigBuilder : Unable to delete files

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
Guess the file is still locked somewhere, Geronimo is trying its best to
close those jar files, e.g. in classloader. There may be a leaking in the
Geronimo or in your application codes.
Usually, I will generate a dump file and check who references that JarFile.

So while deploying that application with admin console or command line,
could you see this issue, too ? Just wonder whether Geronimo Plugin does
anything wrong.

2012/8/29 Jer <ha...@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> Sorry for inconveniance but I stuck into this error. I just try to start an
> enterprise application (just a webapp in it for the moment) from Eclipse
> using the plugin and get :
>
> Geronimo Application Server started
> 2012-08-28 18:07:08,143 WARN  [EARConfigBuilder] Unable to delete 105 files
> while recursively deleting directory
>
> C:\AppPortables\geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.2.1\repository\default\AMandat\1.0\AMandat-1.0.car
> The first file that could not be deleted was:
>

> C:\AppPortables\geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.2.1\repository\default\AMandat\1.0\AMandat-1.0.car\WebMandat.war\WEB-INF\lib\acegi-security-tiger-0.9.0.jar
>
> I try to erase my Geronimo installation and replace it by a fresh install
> but same result. (same with eclipse and workspace)
>
> My configuration is :
> - Geronimo 2.2.1
> - Eclipse Helios, pugin install from it like specified in documentation.
>
> Thanx for your help.
> Regards,
>
> Jerome

Ivan