Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Pankaj Chomal <Pa...@amdocs.com> on 2006/12/29 10:41:01 UTC

Using same log4j.properties for logging in two different log file

Hi All,

I want to use an existing (existing in my application) log4j.properties
file for logging the logging information in two different log file, is
it possible?

If Yes, then how it will be differentiating that which information needs
to be logged to which log file?

Thanks,
Pankaj Chomal

Re: Using same log4j.properties for logging in two different log file

Posted by James Stauffer <st...@gmail.com>.
You define two appenders and make each appender point to a different
file.  You then probably want to assign those appenders to different
loggers.

James Stauffer        http://www.geocities.com/stauffer_james/