Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Patrik Karlström <pa...@trixon.se> on 2020/05/17 07:26:32 UTC

[platform] Why are TopComponents created during shutdown?

I have noticed some problematic behavior in my application during shutdown
and realized that my unsused/unopened TopComponents gets created when
its time to exit.

It doesn't matter what persistenseType I use.

Is this the way the platform is intended to work or have I done something
that I shouldn't?

I guess that I could render the contents the first time it gets opened and
not from the constructor as a workaround to my problems.

See the attached screenshot, or follow the link
https://i.imgur.com/kPwwePh.png
[image: Screenshot_20200517_091125.png]

Re: [platform] Why are TopComponents created during shutdown?

Posted by Patrik Karlström <pa...@trixon.se>.
It turned out to be related to my custom joined window modes.
For some reason I had <empty-behavior permanent="false"/>
I could not find any info about that in my Platform books nor in any java
docs, but every example I could find online had     <empty-behavior
permanent="true"/>.

Doing so fixed it for me too.