Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anthony Yulo <st...@hotmail.com> on 2003/04/23 13:16:31 UTC

ANOTHER STARTUP ERROR:

I tried using a TOMCAT VERSION that came with the Java Web Services
Developer Pack...
After Installing the JWSDP and of course of TOMCAT, i tried starting up
TOMCAT in Red Hat LInux... After executing ./startup.sh, TOMCAT did not
start-up properly and the shell outputted a log into a logfile...

here's an excerpt..

[INFO] Http11Protocol - -Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 protocol handler on
port 8080
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "user" must be followed by
either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".
	at
org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:232)
	at
org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:213)

whats this? how do i fix this?

Re: ANOTHER STARTUP ERROR:

Posted by Diego Novati <di...@tin.it>.
Verify the configuration file because there's an error on the XML file:

> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "user" must be followed by
> either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".

What is there afker the element "user" ?