Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/24 04:28:57 UTC

Continuum and plain text passwords

I'm still on a quest to get Continuum to stop storing passwords in
plain text.  Olivier fixed CONTINUUM-1605 [1] so that the initial pom
retrieval will discard the provided credentials if the 'use cached
credentials' checkbox is checked.

The latest problem is the release.properties file.  This file (which
contains the scm password in plain text) gets written out to the
working copy... which is then visible through the Web UI.  If all goes
well, I think it's only there briefly, but if the release fails it may
be left around.

Any ideas on how to fix this one?

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-1605

--
Wendy

Re: Continuum and plain text passwords

Posted by "Napoleon Esmundo C. Ramirez" <na...@gmail.com>.
I attached a patch for the quickfix in CONTINUUM-1741.  Then I just filed
MRELEASE-340, to not store the plaintext password in the release.properties
file.  Any takers?  Comments?

Cheers,
Nap

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Napoleon Esmundo C. Ramirez" <na...@gmail.com>.
That's a good start. I created an issue for it,
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-1741

I'll attach a patch soon.

Cheers!
Nap

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Napoleon Esmundo C. Ramirez" <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Thakur <ra...@gmail.com>.
Same thought.

release.properties is a temporary file used by Maven; if for some reason
it persists, we can choose not to display its contents.

Rahul

Posted by Henry Isidro <hi...@exist.com>.