Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Ling Li <li...@caltech.edu> on 2004/02/20 02:16:05 UTC

[DEFECT] cvs2svn puts a wrong version in tags

For the attached CVS repository, cvs2svn put a wrong version of file
`README.2' in the tag LYX-1_3_3-6. The following commands reproduces the
problem:

tar xzvf test-cvs.tar.gz
cvs2svn --create -s test test-cvs
svn cat file:///dir_to_test/tags/LYX-1_3_3-6/README.2
svn cat file:///dir_to_test/trunk/README.2

If you have a look at test-cvs/README.2,v, you will find that the tag
LYX_1-3-3_6 is exactly the latest version of README.2, so the two `svn
cat' about should give the same content but it didn't.

I would say this is a serious bug that should be fixed before version
1.0. People (including me) willing to switch from CVS to SVN do not just
start with a clean svn repository. cvs2svn will sure be heavily used for
the transition. It should be as robust as possible by version 1.0...
--Ling

Re: [DEFECT] cvs2svn puts a wrong version in tags

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Ling Li <li...@caltech.edu> writes:
> Please skip my previous email. I tried the HEAD revision (8757) of
> cvs2svn.py and there's no problem with this test CVS repository. Thank
> you for your work!

Wonderful!  Thank you for following up, that saved us a *lot* of time.

-Karl

Re: [DEFECT] cvs2svn puts a wrong version in tags

Posted by Ling Li <li...@caltech.edu>.