Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/04 13:35:01 UTC

Viewing plain text log4j log files (was: Vigilog listing as "Third-party extension"?)

I have added support for opening plain text files in Vigilog. See
http://www.jroller.com/page/Fester?entry=vigilog_now_supporting_non_xml for
more info.

My solution avoids that you need to convert your patternlayout string and it
also accepts plain text files by drag and drop (does not seem to work in
Chainsaw). All testers are welcome!

regards,

Wim

Re: Viewing plain text log4j log files (was: Vigilog listing as "Third-party extension"?)

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Maarten,

%x is not supported for the moment. Can you send me a private email with an
example log file so I can add support for it?

regards,

Wim

Posted by Maarten Bosteels <mb...@gmail.com>.
Wim,

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Quoting Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>:

> I have added support for opening plain text files in Vigilog. See
> http://www.jroller.com/page/Fester?entry=vigilog_now_supporting_non_xml for
> more info.

I downloaded the 1.3-SNAPSHOT from...
http://www.jroller.com/resources/f/Fester/vigilog-1.3-SNAPSHOT.jar

Then I renamed it to "vigilog-1.2.1.jar", so i could run it with vigilog.exe.  I
dropped the following simple log file and Vigilog reports that it's an
unsupported format (I also tried removing the "log4j:ERROR" line, from Log4j's
internal logging, with the same results)....

INFO [Thread-1]: ache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener 0      - Loaded Apache
Tomcat Native library 1.1.10.
INFO [Thread-1]: .apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol 541    - Initializing
Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
INFO [Thread-1]:    org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpAprProtocol 541    - Initializing
Coyote AJP/1.3 on ajp-8009
INFO [Thread-1]:    org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina 541    - Initialization
processed in 3265 ms
INFO [Thread-1]: rg.apache.catalina.core.StandardService 691    - Starting
service Catalina
INFO [Thread-1]: org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine 701    - Starting
Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.10
log4j:ERROR Failed to rename
[C:\java\apache\apache-tomcat-6.0.10/logs/localhost_istatus.log] to
[C:\java\apache\apache-tomcat-6.0.10/logs/localhost_istatus.log.2007-04-02].