Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eugene Krivopaltsev <eu...@mpkmail.Eng.Sun.COM> on 2001/04/01 23:44:55 UTC

Html Tags support

Struts team,

I found this phrase today when open html tags documentation:

NOTE: ALL OF THE INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT IS DEPRECATED, AND IS AVAILABLE IN
STRUTS 1.0 ONLY TO
ASSIST IN THE CONVERSION OF APPLICATIONS BASED ON STRUTS 0.5 TO THE STRUTS 1.0
RELEASE. THIS LIBRARY WILL
BE REMOVED IN FUTURE VERSIONS OF STRUTS.

Could someone comment on it ? It is pretty important to understand could  we
rely on html tags or not.

Thanks,
--------------
Eugene Krivopaltsev			Sun Microsystems, Inc.
eugene.krivopaltsev@sun.com		901 San Antonio Road
Voice: 650.786.6260 (x86260)            Palo Alto, CA. 94303
Fax:   650.786.7816                     www.sun.com

Re: Html Tags support

Posted by Maya Muchnik <mm...@pumatech.com>.
According to a link http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/struts-html.html or
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/api/org/apache/struts/taglib/html/package-summary.html#package_description

no such things in the documentation.

You have got this message from the link http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags.html,
that points to the OLD documentation for 05. release. From
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/ it is the link "Old documents". You can read them
ONLY to understand better the struts tags structure, because the latest document
1.0 release does not have all details as the old one has.

Maya

Re: Html Tags support

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, Eugene Krivopaltsev wrote:

> Struts team,
>
> I found this phrase today when open html tags documentation:

> NOTE: ALL OF THE INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT IS DEPRECATED, AND IS AVAILABLE IN
> STRUTS 1.0 ONLY TO
> ASSIST IN THE CONVERSION OF APPLICATIONS BASED ON STRUTS 0.5 TO THE STRUTS 1.0
> RELEASE. THIS LIBRARY WILL
> BE REMOVED IN FUTURE VERSIONS OF STRUTS.

The phrase quoted above is found in the documentation for the 0.5 version
of the Struts tags, in file:

	http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags.html

The reason for this is that, in version 0.5, all of the Struts tags were
in a single tag library.  For version 1.0 you should use the separate
libraries (struts-bean, struts-html, and so on).  You will find that the
struts-html tag library contains all of the old tags (many with
substantial enhancements) and several new ones.

After version 1.0 final is released, the deprecated tags (and classes in
struts.jar) will be removed.  They continue to exist solely to allow 0.5
based programs to be converted at your own pace.

> Could someone comment on it ? It is pretty important to understand could  we
> rely on html tags or not.
>
> Thanks,
> Eugene Krivopaltsev

Craig McClanahan