Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ganesh <em...@yahoo.co.in> on 2009/01/22 07:11:11 UTC

Lucene app to run as daemon service in windows and linux

Hello all,

This question is not related to Lucene and i hope some folks might have
faced this issue.

My java app uses RMI and i wanted to run it as a service both in windows and
linux. Is there any open source projects available to do that? Whether
tomcat could host RMI app.

Suggest me, if there is any other way?

Regards
Ganesh

Re: Lucene app to run as daemon service in windows and linux

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.
Ganesh,

There is Commons Daemon project:
http://commons.apache.org/daemon/

I'm not sure it works for you (RMI on Windows) though, but please check.

Koji

Posted by Ganesh <em...@yahoo.co.in>.
Thanks.

[...]

              Subject Lucene app to run as daemon service in windows and linux

  Hello all,

  This question is not related to Lucene and i hope some folks might have
  faced this issue.

  My java app uses RMI and i wanted to run it as a service both in windows and
  linux. Is there any open source projects available to do that? Whether
  tomcat could host RMI app.

  Suggest me, if there is any other way?

  Regards
  Ganesh

Re: Lucene app to run as daemon service in windows and linux

Posted by Jo...@ph.lawson.com.
Hi,

You can try this one