Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Henrik K <he...@hege.li> on 2018/09/03 14:29:20 UTC

Masscheck reuse

Hey guys,

I'm wondering why pretty much no masscheck submitter is using --reuse?

I just committed fixes for lots of missing reuse flags, and now I can
actually do a ./mass-check --reuse --net run without ANY dns lookups
launching.  So it's super fast too.

What reason would there be to prefer running without reuse?  Is this simply
a case of missing guidance/documentation?  Looking at some corpus logs,
judging by Maildir file timestamps there are even few years old messages run
through.  How can that make any sense, I wouldn't run anything older than
an hour through DNSBLs.

Of course I understand if someones messages don't have a scantime
X-Spam-Status header for some reason, but even that could be easily fixable
by simply running the messages through a dedicated spamd as soon as possible
to add the headers.

Cheers,
Henrik

Re: Masscheck reuse

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
Adding a few more to this email question.

--
Kevin A. McGrail
VP Fundraising, Apache Software Foundation

Re: Masscheck reuse

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
Might want to put this on the wiki too!  Adding SASA group too for their
input.

Re: Masscheck reuse

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.

Re: Masscheck reuse

Posted by Henrik K <he...@hege.li>.

Re: Masscheck reuse

Posted by Henrik Krohns <he...@hege.li>.
Crossposting to ruleqa (just subbed!), feel free to continue there. :-)

Re: Masscheck reuse

Posted by Henrik Krohns <he...@hege.li>.

Re: Masscheck reuse

Posted by Henrik Krohns <he...@hege.li>.