Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jerem <je...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/06 16:28:36 UTC

Testing with archetype:integration-test for archetypes producing empty folders

Hi,

I'm using archetype:integration-test (version 2.2) to perform some
integration tests on some archetypes I created and used.
These archetypes create some empty folders under the source tree of
generated projects.

I've put under /src/test/resources/projects/<mytest>/reference the reference
that should be compared with what is generated from the archetype.

The problem is that when this reference is copied under
/target/test-classes/projects/<mytest>/reference, empty folders are not
taken into account. When this reference is compared with
/target/test-classes/projects/<mytest>/project, the integration-test goal
fails, considering that some folders are missing from the reference.

- can this be considered an issue of the archetype:integration-test goal ?
- is there any workaround ? (apart from removing empty folders from the
archetype generation of course)

Thanks,
Jeremie

Re: Testing with archetype:integration-test for archetypes producing empty folders

Posted by jerem <je...@gmail.com>.
You're right, in fact solution was in a comment of the issue you indicated :

"notice that you must configure includeEmptyDirs=true for
maven-resources-plugin or the archetype jar won't contain the empty
directory (then of course the project generated from the archatype can't
contain it...)"

With that configuration, everything works well :)

Maybe this information could be added to the archetype plugin documentation
though.

Br,
Jeremie

olamy wrote