Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Mokkapati, Bhargav (Nokia - IN/Chennai)" <bh...@nokia.com> on 2018/01/30 10:30:13 UTC

Commitlogs are filling the Full Disk space and nodes are down

Hi Team,

My Cassandra version : Apache Cassandra 3.0.13

Cassandra nodes are down due to Commitlogs are getting filled up until full disk size.

[cid:image001.jpg@01D399E3.666CF940]

With "Nodetool flush" I didn't see any commitlogs deleted.

Can anyone tell me how to flush the commitlogs without losing data.

Thanks,
Bhargav M

Re: Commitlogs are filling the Full Disk space and nodes are down

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.
There's an open bug for users that have offheap memtables and secondary
index - there's at least a few people reporting an error flushing that
blocks future flushes.

If you're seeing that, and use that combo, you may want to switch to
on-heap memtables (or contribute a patch to fix the offheap+2i interaction)

Posted by Chris Lohfink <cl...@apple.com>.