Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by javaDev <ws...@bk.ru> on 2006/11/16 10:29:35 UTC

Re[2]: [Axis2] Is Axis2 1.1 working for you?

Hi
You agreed that (2) is a problematic behaviour but did not say anything about (1). Do you mean that it is the way it should be done - or I just missed some command-line or configuration flag? To be more specific - I'll try to explain it a bit in more details though briefly:

say, there are data types:
  class A { public String someString; public A someLink; }
and
  class B extends A { public String someInt; }

and the exposed service is:
  class MySvc { String myOp(A arg) {..} }

Running of Java2WSDL on it:
	java2wsdl -cn MySvc -xc B
 creates 2 non-related types:

 <xs:complexType name="A">
  <xs:sequence>
    <xs:element name="someLink" type="ns:A"/>
    <xs:element name="someString" type="xs:string"/>
   </xs:sequence>
 </xs:complexType>
and
 <xs:complexType name="B">
   <xs:sequence>
     <xs:element name="someLink" type="ns:A"/>
     <xs:element name="someString" type="xs:string"/>
     <xs:element name="someInt" type="xs:int"/>
   </xs:sequence>
 </xs:complexType>
Since complexType B is not extension of А it (the B type element) can't be passed as the someLink.
Do you consider it as a correct treatment?

Sincerely,
Alex