Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Patrick Glennon <pg...@unifocus.com> on 2004/06/25 17:28:21 UTC

jsvc and the -server option

I've seen a few references to this issue, but no solution.  I can't seem to
figure out how to pass the -server option to the jvm via jsvc.  Jsvc only
recognizes -D and -X values getting passed, and I'd obviously prefer to run
the server version of the VM.  I can't find an equivalent command to specify
the server vm.

I can't believe I'm the only one having this problem.  Is every other jsvc
user out there just running the default client vm?

Please help!

-P

Re: jsvc and the -server option

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
The correct option is:
  -jvm server

You can run 'jsvc -help' to see which JVM options it is able to find.  Note
that for at least some 1.4 JVMs, you need to upgrade the source from
commons-daemon, since the version that ships with Tomcat doesn't handle
detection correctly.

Posted by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>.
:I can't seem to figure out how to pass the -server option to the jvm via
:jsvc.  Jsvc only recognizes -D and -X values getting passed, and I'd
:obviously prefer to run the server version of the VM.

It's a long shot, but many switches have "-X" counterparts.  It's worth
a look.

:I can't believe I'm the only one having this problem.  Is every other
:jsvc user out there just running the default client vm?

Perhaps.  I recall, some people encountered stability problems with the
server VM...

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com

RE: jsvc and the -server option

Posted by Mariano <ml...@sescam.org>.
I use this lines:

JAVA_OPTS=" -server "
export JAVA_OPTS

in shell script before start the daemon.

I read that JVM always recognize JAVA_OPTS variable environment when it is
started.

Regards.

Mariano López