Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2014/02/18 14:47:53 UTC

Flip to git...

We seem to have had consensus to flip to git after the milestone2 release.  Now that that is out, I’m going to start that process.   It may take a few days as we need to run a bunch of commands on the current repo to clean it out and then I have to work with infra to get it moved over and such.   However, I don’t want to stop development momentum.

For now, can we NOT merge anything back onto the fixes branches?   Just keep committing to trunk.  After the new repo goes live, we can pull/cherry-pick any “new” things from the old trunk location and then merge them back to various branches.   That should make it a bit easier as there will only be a single branch to worry about re-syncing after the switch.

Thanks!

--
Daniel Kulp

RE: Flip to git...

Posted by Oliver Wulff <ow...@talend.com>.
I'm fine with the move of fediz to git

Thanks
Oli

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

--

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Re: Flip to git...

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
Does anyone have a reason to drive a horse and cart instead of a car? ;-)

j/k

Thanks for getting this together... this is a big move for our community.

Jeff

Re: Flip to git...

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Just as an FYI:

On Feb 18, 2014, at 8:47 AM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> We seem to have had consensus to flip to git after the milestone2 release.  Now that that is out, I’m going to start that process.   It may take a few days as we need to run a bunch of commands on the current repo to clean it out and then I have to work with infra to get it moved over and such.   However, I don’t want to stop development momentum.
>
> For now, can we NOT merge anything back onto the fixes branches?   Just keep committing to trunk.  After the new repo goes live, we can pull/cherry-pick any “new” things from the old trunk location and then merge them back to various branches.   That should make it a bit easier as there will only be a single branch to worry about re-syncing after the switch.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Daniel Kulp

Daniel Kulp