Posted to dev@knox.apache.org by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org> on 2017/06/26 15:48:25 UTC

Docs Query

Hi all,

The docs state that "[pac4j] must be used for SSO, in association with the
KnoxSSO service and optionally with the SSOCookieProvider for access to
REST APIs.":

http://knox.apache.org/books/knox-0-12-0/user-guide.html#Pac4j+Provider+-+CAS+/+OAuth+/+SAML+/+OpenID+Connect

However, I can use the "knoxauth" application with the KnoxSSO service to
authenticate users to the local LDAP without using pac4j at all.

I think it probably be more accurate to say that one or the other must be
used for KnoxSSO. Is this correct? If so I'll update the docs.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder