Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by faisal gillani <fa...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/05 08:14:52 UTC

almost done .. just a lil more help needed

Well thanks to all you guys who helped me run my first
apache webserver
i have compleate the whole configuration & i must say
i love it just one error is left .
which is that i have a link that contain some mp3 file
which my user could listen to when they visit site
clients have win9x pc,s
when they click the song to play directly it give
error that the file is not available . but when they
try to download they are successfull ..
all of my clients have this problem
they all worked fine on IIS before ..
is there any option that can fix this ?
i uses options indexes

thanks
Faisal

Re: almost done .. just a lil more help needed

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.
faisal gillani wrote:

> Well thanks to all you guys who helped me run my first
> apache webserver
> i have compleate the whole configuration & i must say
> i love it just one error is left .
> which is that i have a link that contain some mp3 file
> which my user could listen to when they visit site
> clients have win9x pc,s
> when they click the song to play directly it give
> error that the file is not available . but when they
> try to download they are successfull ..
> all of my clients have this problem
> they all worked fine on IIS before ..
> is there any option that can fix this ?
> i uses options indexes

Could be to do with the mime-type. Check in the file "mime.types" in
your conf directory and see if you have "mp3" listed. The correct
mime-type is "audio/mpeg".

If not you can define it in httpd.conf:

AddType audio/mpeg mp3

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.

RE: almost done .. just a lil more help needed

Posted by Bryan Henry <br...@mail.utexas.edu>.
This will not let the user visiting your site choose
the song from a page that they want to listen too.
Shoutcast is a stream coming from a winamp player,
so it is streaming out what is already in the playlist.

~ b r y a n

Posted by faisal gillani <fa...@yahoo.com>.
thanks for the reply