Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Carl Olivier <ca...@zero-one.co.za> on 2004/06/17 19:24:42 UTC

Jasper2 fork

Greetings.

Quick question re the jasper2 (org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet) fork
init param.

The default of the fork setting is true, however the Tomcat 5 binary (and I
think source) distribution ships with this init-param set to false.

Now the reason I am curious about this shipping with this overridden to
false is that I have innumerable memory problems - up until I was pointed in
setting the fork init param to true.  This *seems* to have solved pretty
much all my problems!

Is there some reason NOT to use this fork setting?

Thanks a stack to those that assisted me!  Very much appreciated!

Regards,

Carl