Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Li Ye Chen <ly...@cornell.edu> on 2007/10/08 17:41:05 UTC

Perl Permissions on Tomcat

Hi,
   I'm trying to run a Perl script on Tomcat 5.5.8 -- I've managed to successfully run read-only Perl script, but the script I'm trying to run connects to the database and needs to write to the local hard drive. Whenever I try to execute the script, it creates a Perl.exe thread on my Windows server and just never return the HTML code (so the browser keeps loading) -- it seems there is a permission problem. I've tried executing the script on plain old DOS and it works just fine (returns the right HTML code with database information). I've also searched the mailing archives, and tried changing the catalina.policy file by adding the following line:

// Give all permission to servlets-cgi.jar
grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/server/lib/servlets-cgi.jar" {
        permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

but it doesn't work. Any idea how I can give Perl.exe read/write permission as executed through Tomcat 5.5.8? Thanks in advance!

Re: Setting up multiple instances of Tomcat on one machine

Posted by sunil chandran <su...@gmail.com>.
Hello Sangeetha,

             I have also done the same thing. probably i will be able
to help you. i have also created a document on how to do it. maybe if
you want i will send it to ur ID.
because it is only a test document prepared by me.Hope it helps you.

On Oct 31, 2007 3:01 AM, Gabe Wong <ga...@ngasi.com> wrote:
> Feel free to try my company's product, NGASI AppServer Manager
> (www.ngasi.com),
> which enables you to do just that.
>

> Verma, Sangeeta wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Is there a way to setup single installation of Tomcat to deploy multiple
> > applications running on different ports like app1 on 8080, app2 on 8090
> > etc.
> > This topology has been proposed for having a dev/test environment on a
> > single machine. I want to know if it's feasible and how it can be
> > achieved.
> >
> > Your feedback is highly appreciated.
> > Thanks,
> > Sangeeta

> Regards
>
> Gabe Wong
> NGASI AppServer Manager
> Application server installation and configuration AUTOMATION
> for Tomcat, JBoss, and Jetty.
> http://www.ngasi.com

Sunil

Re: Setting up multiple instances of Tomcat on one machine

Posted by Gabe Wong <ga...@ngasi.com>.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Setting up multiple instances of Tomcat on one machine

Re: Perl Permissions on Tomcat

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Perl Permissions on Tomcat

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Li Ye Chen wrote:
> // Give all permission to servlets-cgi.jar
> grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/server/lib/servlets-cgi.jar" {
>         permission java.security.AllPermission;
> };

Are you running with a security manger? If so, try running without and
get things working that way first. Then we can focus on the permissions.

Mark