Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/20 19:19:37 UTC

[users@httpd] Httpd Performance

Have couple of questions:

1. Does Apache spawns a new httpd process for every request that it gets.
For eg: if there are 10 httpd processes and I sent a request from browser to
Apache then would it create 11th httpd process to handle the new request
2. How to monitor Apache performance, number of resources it's using and if
it's reaching threshold values defined in Apache (pool, threads, files )
etc.

Re: [users@httpd] Httpd Performance

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 20.06.08 10:19, Mohit Anchlia wrote:
> 1. Does Apache spawns a new httpd process for every request that it gets.

usually not, but you configure it to do so.

> 2. How to monitor Apache performance, number of resources it's using and if
> it's reaching threshold values defined in Apache (pool, threads, files )
> etc.

you can configure many limits in apache's config file.
There are system/process monitoring tools that are not part of apache.
There's mod_status that can display some informations.

There's a long-standing bug relating to the x86 architecture that
allows you to install Windows.   -- Matthew D. Fuller

Re: [users@httpd] Httpd Performance

Posted by Chad Morland <cm...@gmail.com>.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mpm.html

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_status.html