Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/21 05:55:25 UTC

[Axis2] What should be the version of the 'trunk'

Hi All,

I'm finding it a little difficult to maintain dependencies for the Sandesha2
project at the moment. I was assuming that 'trunks' for all the projects
will be maintained with the version 'SNAPSHOT' all the time (not as
version-SNAPSHOT) and branches etc will be maintained with version number
attached (e.g. 1.1.1-SNAPSHOT for Axis2 1.1 branch). But at the moment AXIOM
trunk runs as 1.2.1-SNAPSHOT and Axis2 trunk runs as 1.2-SNAPSHOT.

Could u please tell me whats the convention. Shouldn't the 'trunks' be
always maintained as the version 'SNAPSHOT' ?

Thanks,
Chamikara

Re: [Axis2] What should be the version of the 'trunk'

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
+1 .. please change it!

Sanjiva.

On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 10:29 +0530, Deepal Jayasinghe wrote:
> +1 for going with SNAPSHOT
>
> Thanks
> Deepal
>
> Chamikara Jayalath wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I'm finding it a little difficult to maintain dependencies for the
> > Sandesha2 project at the moment. I was assuming that 'trunks' for all
> > the projects will be maintained with the version 'SNAPSHOT' all the
> > time (not as version-SNAPSHOT) and branches etc will be maintained
> > with version number attached ( e.g. 1.1.1-SNAPSHOT for Axis2 1.1
> > branch). But at the moment AXIOM trunk runs as 1.2.1-SNAPSHOT and
> > Axis2 trunk runs as 1.2-SNAPSHOT.
> >
> > Could u please tell me whats the convention. Shouldn't the 'trunks' be
> > always maintained as the version 'SNAPSHOT' ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chamikara

Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.

Re: [Axis2] What should be the version of the 'trunk'

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
+1 for going with SNAPSHOT

Thanks
Deepal