Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Georg Sorst <ge...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/15 11:16:23 UTC

Croatian language support

Hi,

according to https://solr.apache.org/guide/8_8/language-analysis.html Solr
currently does not support Croatian out of the box.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to implement this? I would also be
interested in sponsoring the development of this.

Thanks!
Georg

Re: Croatian language support

Posted by Emir Arnautović <em...@sematext.com>.
Hi Georg,
I did not use it in a while, but your best bet is to try hunspell stemmer. There are dictionaries for Croatian.
I used to work on library for morphological analysis for Slavic languages, but I never made Solr wrapper for that. That was Java based implementation of phd dissertation where rules were precisely described. The paper was publicly available so you could also find it and use as starting point for your stemmer.

HTH,
Emir