Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/03 03:18:07 UTC

Changes to server started messages

I noticed that the server started messages have changed. The started
Web Applications are now of the following form:

   Web Applications:
     /
     /console
     /console-standard
     /dojo
     /remote-deploy

Geronimo Application Server started

Where they used to be:

   Web Applications:
     http://coltrane:8080/
     http://coltrane:8080/console
     http://coltrane:8080/console-standard
     http://coltrane:8080/dojo
     http://coltrane:8080/remote-deploy

Geronimo Application Server started

I'm assuming that this is associated with the recent Connector
changes... I preferred the old messages, but I doubt I'll lose very
much sleep... Apologies if I missed discussion about this. Even more
apologies if the network config on my machine has gone bonkers... ;-)

--kevan

Re: Changes to server started messages

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Donald Woods wrote:
> So, if we are using virtual hosts, we'll have no way of knowing which
> host(s) an app maps to?  If we have /welcome installed on multiple
> virtual hosts, will we now see it listed multiple times as just /welcome ?

Nope.  The web app is deployed as just that...a web app.  The web app
has a single context...and that is what is reported.  The URL is not
fair because Tomcat can have valves that can turn on/off IP
addresses/ports/etc.

If we want to get into introspection of which connectors its listening
on, which schemes, which ports, which virtual hosts, etc, I highly
recommend we start talking about MBean exposure and JMX to do this
properly and effectively.

Jeff

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
I guess the startup screen need not list all possible URLs to access each
application.  One per app should be good enough for the user to quick
start.  "Easy to use" is our first guiding principle.  We will not want a
user to struggle finding out the URL of welcome app!!!

Vamsi

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
I think it makes more sense w/o the full url bits, since those are
highly dependent on how you configured the connectors.

--jason

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
Yup...