Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rakhi Khatwani <rk...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/07 08:07:12 UTC

Tagging and searching on tagged indexes.

Hi,
     How do we tag solr indexes and search on those indexes, there is not
much information on wiki. all i could find is this:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UserTagDesign

has anyone tried it? (using solr API)

One more question, can we change the schema dynamically at runtime? (while
solr instance is on??)

Regards,
Raakhi.

Re: Tagging and searching on tagged indexes.

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Rakhi Khatwani <rk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>     How do we tag solr indexes and search on those indexes, there is not
> much information on wiki. all i could find is this:
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UserTagDesign
>
> has anyone tried it? (using solr API)

That page was created for brainstorming a possible enhancement. It is not
implemented yet.

> One more question, can we change the schema dynamically at runtime? (while
> solr instance is on??)

You'd need to reload the core (or restart the server) and re-index all
documents for schema changes to take affect.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.