Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Abhinav Lele <ab...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/19 07:10:56 UTC

Issue with views in CouchDB 1.1.1.

Hi,

I have one database in my couchdb server. The documents in this database
contain some user profile information like email name etc.

However when I create a view using something like this

function(doc) {
     emit(doc.email,doc);
}

The view does not return any results and gets stuck. If I see the status
using Futon the View Indexer is still running. I have only one document
in the database, but still this is taking too much time.

In the couchdb logs I can see some eaccess errors, but don't know what
to make of it. Here are the logs
http://pastie.org/private/0azztwn2cqhjdjdwsbehsq

Can someone please help??

--

-
Abhinav

Re: Issue with views in CouchDB 1.1.1.

Posted by Abhinav Lele <ab...@gmail.com>.
I have installed everything inside one folder /opt/app/couchdb111. I
checked the permissions for all the folders inside it. All the
folders/files have the user/group ownership for the user that is running
the couchdb server. Is there a way I can track which file is having
issue ? The file names that appear in the log seem to be fine w.r.t.
file permissions.

-
Abhinav

Posted by Abhinav Lele <ab...@gmail.com>.
I changed my ec2 instance from the Amazon AMI to Ubuntu 32 bit Oneric
image and used the couchdb server that ships with Ubuntu.
This seems to have fixed my problem. Thanks for all the help Lauren and
Jens.

-

Posted by Abhinav Lele <ab...@gmail.com>.
In the logs for the error entries I see this

[Sun, 19 Feb 2012 08:17:00 GMT] [error] [<0.20.0>] {error_report,<0.9.0>,
{<0.20.0>,std_error,
"File operation error: eacces. Target: ./couch_rep_sup.beam. Function:
get_file. Process: code_server."}}

If I do a ls -lR | grep beam to look for these files, I see this

-rw-r--r-- 1 app app 768 Feb 19 06:51 couch_rep_sup.beam

(Couch is running as user app).

Is there some other permission that I need to allow?

-

Posted by Lauren Dahlin <ld...@simons-rock.edu>.

Posted by Abhinav Lele <ab...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lauren Dahlin <ld...@simons-rock.edu>.