Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Justin Buist <jb...@tridenttechnology.com> on 2001/04/25 23:28:19 UTC

Workaround to table-cell height attribute not working?

I've been prototyping out XSL stylesheets to translate some XML files into
XML:FO recently for a project and I'm running into problems with the
'height' attribute not working.  I've scanned the archives and found
workarounds for empty cells (set the line-height attribute)... but when
I've got dynamic data in some cells which could span multiple lines
setting line-height isn't an option.  Given static data I can set the
line-height equal to my desired height divided by the total number of
lines as a workaround... which I _think_ is my best option but I'm
wondering what everybody here thinks.

I've thought about modifying my local FOP sources to try and set the
line-height attribute dynamically based on a 'height' attribute
too.  Ie:  once FOP knows how many lines that the cell will be using to
set the line-height = height / lines.  Is this feasible given FOPs
architecture and the nature of PDF?

Thanks,

Justin Buist