Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jan Vanek <j3...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/27 14:23:18 UTC

reload => drop jsp-page servlet instances

Hello, I'm trying to implement custom application reloading in tomcat. This
means tomcat sees only a core part of the application, and the core creates
another class-loader to load the actual modules of the application. The
problem is with the JSP pages. The JspServlet class uses an instance of the
JspRuntimeContext to hold the compiled/loaded JSP-page servlets. When the
core detects a change and creates a new class-loader (module-class-loader
(to load modules of the application)) the JspServlet would still use the
old instances of the once-used JSP-page servlets which uses classes loaded
by the previous incarnation of the module-class-loader and it would also
keep the instances of once-used JSP-page servlets, which creates a memory
leak (the previous incarnation of the module-class-loader). I basically
need a way to tell to the JspServlet to drop all JSP-page servlet instances
from the JspRuntimeContext, and set "reload=true" in each JspServletWrapper
referenced from JspRuntimeContext. What is the best way to do this?

Thanks and regards,
Jan