Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Jason E Bailey <je...@apache.org> on 2018/10/31 20:33:16 UTC

[discuss] asynchronous servlets with a rewriter impl

Not necessarily the rewriter as it's currently written.

I was looking into how I can modify content while it's being generated and I had forgotten about the fact that we now support asynchronous servlets and filters. I haven't dived to far into this yet but the basic idea would be

# determine that a request would be handled by a rewriter
# pass the request off to a separate thread for processing
# process the data that is being written to the output and run it through the rewriter and push it out the other side.

If you've worked with asynchronous servlets, am I missing any important concepts here?

- Jason