Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by ourdiaspora <ou...@protonmail.com.INVALID> on 2020/04/16 08:05:02 UTC

openjdk, extant database service

Mail list readers,

Are there plans for future versions of Openmeetings to be compatible with Openjdk?

If "office" software is required to be installed on the server, does that mean X is also required to be installed, or can the format conversions occur "headless" via the command terminal environment only?

Currently running a web service with Postgresql; can Openmeetings be installed on same server or is a separate, dedicated Postgresql system required?

Thanks.

Re: openjdk, extant database service

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 15:49, ourdiaspora
<ou...@protonmail.com.invalid> wrote:

> [...]

OpenJDK is also provided by Oracle :)

> > > Currently running a web service with Postgresql; can Openmeetings be
> > > installed on same server or is a separate, dedicated Postgresql system
> > > required?
> >
> > Just create separate schema and modify the URL and credentials
> >

> As a novice, this advice means to read about the database configuration
> manual? ;)

You should be novice with Admin level to set-up and administer OM :)))
You can search mail archives for "CREATE DATABASE"
https://openmeetings.markmail.org/ :)))

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: openjdk, extant database service

Posted by ourdiaspora <ou...@protonmail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 15:05, ourdiaspora
<ou...@protonmail.com.invalid> wrote:

> Mail list readers,
>
> Are there plans for future versions of Openmeetings to be compatible with
> Openjdk?

This is something I don't understand
OM works as expected with OpenJDK ...

> If "office" software is required to be installed on the server, does that
> mean X is also required to be installed, or can the format conversions
> occur "headless" via the command terminal environment only?

You can use headless mode

--
Best regards,
Maxim