Posted to users@camel.apache.org by dhaas <do...@issinc.com> on 2008/09/25 16:29:25 UTC

Camel and Weblogic

Has anyone used Camel running in a Weblogic instance, using Weblogic for JMS,
without ActiveMQ?  Is this possible?  Any ideas how Camel will act in a
Weblogic cluster?

Re: Camel and Weblogic

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
As far as I know, Camel doesn't have any explicit clustering support.
So if you deployed Camel to a WebLogic cluster, you'd get N individual
copies of Camel each running, and each effectively unaware of the
others.  That would mean things like you'd probably want to use JMS
queues instead of topics if you don't want multiple Camel instances to
process a message...

Thanks,
       Aaron

RE: Camel and Weblogic

Posted by Claus Ibsen <ci...@silverbullet.dk>.
Hi

We have used in WebSphere, so when it runs in WebSphere it runs anywhere ;) Ah okay kidding, but that is at least an help. We had a proof of concept with success that could send and receive messages from WebSphere JMS. Just setup the jndi lookup in spring xml and of you go.

This was our WebSphere spring setup

    <!-- websphere JMS connection factory -->
    <jee:jndi-lookup id="wasJMSConnectionFactory" jndi-name="jms/connectionFactory"/>

    <!-- jms provider -->
    <bean id="jms" class="org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsComponent">
        <property name="connectionFactory" ref="wasJMSConnectionFactory"/>
    </bean>

And then we could use the endpoints just as: uri="jms:queue:gsopenInbox".

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21