Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Al Bogner <sp...@ml061.pinguin.uni.cc> on 2006/01/28 23:44:17 UTC

My posting bounced as spam

You can find my posting here:
http://members.inode.at/pinguin/falsepositivespam.txt

The question was:
What do I have to do to get a more detailed analysis in each header?

I am also interested in the spamanalysis of _my_ mail, which you see at the
mentioned url.

Al

Re: My posting bounced as spam

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Al Bogner" <sp...@ml061.pinguin.uni.cc>

> You can find my posting here:
> http://members.inode.at/pinguin/falsepositivespam.txt
>
> The question was:
> What do I have to do to get a more detailed analysis in each header?
>
> I am also interested in the spamanalysis of _my_ mail, which you see at the
> mentioned url.
>
> Al

Your spam filter output triggered the other spam filter, it looks like.
Obfuscate the addresses and maybe it will get through.

{^_^}

Re: More detailed spamanalysis in header

Posted by Gary V <mr...@hotmail.com>.
> > So, as I understand it, there is no way to get a detailed report with
> > amavisd-new for a "non-spam" mail.
> >
> > Al
> >

>why would you need such thing? you're not going to convert all your mail
>into reports, would you?
>
>If you need it for a given email, then just run spamassassin -t on that
>mail (and if using Bayes, run this as the amavis user. see Gary's su
>vscan -c ... example).

Al, can I assume you want to do this so you can debug and analyze how well
your system is working? If so, you can lower the spam threshold so you can
see these verbose reports. You can do this just for yourself by adding a
@spam_tag2_level_maps.

This example is modified from amavisd.conf-sample:

@spam_tag2_level_maps = (
  { 'ab@localhost.local.FQDN' => -10.0,  },
  \$sa_tag2_level_deflt,   # catchall default
);

Now anything that gets delivered to you that scores at -10.0 or higher will
be tagged as spam.
As long as you are not using procmail to dump your mail based on the
your verbose report. If you don't want ***SPAM*** prefixed to your subject
line, you can turn that off for you too.

@spam_modifies_subj_maps = ( [qw( !ab@localhost.local.FQDN . )] );

Then of course simply read the score in the header to determine if it would
have been tagged as spam if you were using the setting you would normally
use for $sa_tag2_level_deflt.

Gary V

Re: More detailed spamanalysis in header

Posted by mouss <us...@free.fr>.

Posted by Al Bogner <sp...@ml061.pinguin.uni.cc>.

Posted by Gary V <mr...@hotmail.com>.
>>I have no idea, if this cf-file makes sense:
>>
>>/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
>>add_header all Report _REPORT_
>>ok_languages    de en es fr it pt
>>add_header all Checker‐Version SpamAssassin _VERSION_ (_SUBVERSION_) on
>>_HOSTNAME_
>>$sa_spam_report_header = 1;
>>rewrite_subject 0
>>use_terse_report 0
>>
>>Al

BTW Al, you always need to run 'spamassassin --lint' (preferably as your
amavisd-new user) after you make any change to local.cf (or add or change
any spamassassin files).

If errors are found and you need to run the debug option, run it as your
amavisd-new user.
For example, if your amavis user is called vscan:

Posted by Gary V <mr...@hotmail.com>.
> > Amvis isn't your friend here.  It doesn't use the SA headers, it makes
>its
> > own.
> > You'll have to track down the Amvis options to do this.
>
>How?

>analysis
>of my hoster wrote a detailed report, which I would like to create with my
>local system. Please see: http://members.inode.at/pinguin/spamexample2.txt
>
>I asked this in  the amavis-ML too.
>
>I have no idea, if this cf-file makes sense:
>
>/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
>add_header all Report _REPORT_
>ok_languages    de en es fr it pt
>add_header all Checker‐Version SpamAssassin _VERSION_ (_SUBVERSION_) on
>_HOSTNAME_
>$sa_spam_report_header = 1;
>rewrite_subject 0
>use_terse_report 0
>
>Al

$sa_spam_report_header = 1;
goes in your amavisd.conf file, not local.cf

As I said on the amavis list, when this setting is used, the verbose report
in the header is only written if the message is considered spam.

The add_header, rewrite_subject and use_terse_report will not have any
effect when amavisd-new us being used.

>From http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/#faq-spam

"Similarly the header insertion/editing options must be specified in
amavisd.conf. It is the amavisd that is editing the message by itself.
Header and body rewriting options in SA have no external effect, as amavisd
does not use the modified message as prepared by SA."

Another way to get a detailed report is to make yourself a spam-admin,
$spam_admin = "postmaster\@$mydomain";
but once again, you will only get a report if the mail is considered spam
(it scores at $sa_tag2_level_deflt or higher (after all it is a spam report,
and not a ham report).

Also, newer 2.3 versions of amavisd-new give the scores in the standard
X-Spam-Status header which can be a very useful feature (this example is an
important message from my tax preparation software, it truly sucks that it
is considered spam!):

tests=[BAYES_00=-2.599, DCC_CHECK=2.17, HTML_40_50=0.496,
HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_24=1.841, HTML_MESSAGE=0.001, HTML_TITLE_EMPTY=0.214,
NO_REAL_NAME=0.961, RCVD_ILLEGAL_IP=0.288, RCVD_IN_WHOIS_BOGONS=2.43]

Gary V

Re: More detailed spamanalysis in header

Posted by Al Bogner <sp...@ml061.pinguin.uni.cc>.

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
>> add_header all Report _REPORT_

>I use SuSE 9.2 with

>g10.suse.de:amavisd-new-2.1.2-5.1

Amvis isn't your friend here.  It doesn't use the SA headers, it makes its
own.
You'll have to track down the Amvis options to do this.

        Loren

Re: More detailed spamanalysis in header

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Al Bogner" <sp...@ml061.pinguin.uni.cc>

Am Sonntag, 29. Januar 2006 03:36 schrieb Chris Purves:
> On Sun, January 29, 2006 6:44 am, Al Bogner said:
> > The question was:
> > What do I have to do to get a more detailed analysis in each header?

> add_header all Report _REPORT_

I use SuSE 9.2 with

g10.suse.de:amavisd-new-2.1.2-5.1
galerkin.suse.de:perl-spamassassin-3.0.4-1.3
galerkin.suse.de:spamassassin-3.0.4-1.3

perl -MMail::SpamAssassin -e 'print "$Mail::SpamAssassin::VERSION\n"';
3.000004

/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
add_header all Report _REPORT_
ok_languages    de en es fr it pt
add_header all Checker‐Version SpamAssassin _VERSION_ (_SUBVERSION_) on
_HOSTNAME_
rewrite_subject 0
use_terse_report 1

but I still get something like this:
 tests=ALL_TRUSTED, AWL, BAYES_00, UPPERCASE_25_50

and would like to have more detailed spamanalysis.

<<jdow>> Al, it's an amavisd configuration issue.

{^_^}

More detailed spamanalysis in header

Posted by Al Bogner <sp...@ml061.pinguin.uni.cc>.

Posted by Chris Purves <ch...@northfolk.ca>.
On Sun, January 29, 2006 6:44 am, Al Bogner said:

> The question was:
> What do I have to do to get a more detailed analysis in each header?

add the following line to your local.cf file:

add_header all Report _REPORT_

More information can be found with:

perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf

> I am also interested in the spamanalysis of _my_ mail, which you see at
> the
> mentioned url.

Your e-mail was bounced, because in it you included the name of a certain
URI which begins with 'z' and ends with '.info'.

--
Good day, eh.
Chris