Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Leonard Gestrin <Le...@markettools.com> on 2008/03/21 01:05:29 UTC

war overlay and merging localized resources

Hello,
I am very impressed how maven war plugin can overlay multiple war files.
However, I could not find any plugin that can also merge localized
resource files.

Since it's not possible to define multiple resource bundles in web.xml,
I think there is need to be able to merge localized resource bundles at
the time ov overlaying wars.

Has any one had that issue  and possible solution?

This is the scenario

CommonWar\WEB-INF\ CommonResources_en.properties
CommonWar\WEB-INF\ CommonResources_ja.properties

AppWar\WEB-INF\AppWarResources_en.properties
AppWar \WEB-INF\AppWarResources_ja.properties

During build time, I am overlaying AppWar with CommonWar. I want

Target/appwar-1.0-snapshot/WEB-INF/classes AppWarResources_en.properties
to be (AppWar\WEB-INF\AppWarResources_en.properties + CommonWar\WEB-INF\
CommonResources_en.properties)

Target/appwar-1.0-snapshot/WEB-INF/classes AppWarResources_ja.properties
to be (AppWar\WEB-INF\AppWarResources_ja.properties + CommonWar\WEB-INF\
CommonResources_ja.properties)

Thanks
Leonard

RE: war overlay and merging localized resources

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Aha. I am not aware of something that merges files but it's probably not
a hard plugin to write.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.