Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Preston Chang <zh...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/22 05:06:56 UTC

BloomFilterFalsePositives equals 1.0

Hi,all:
     I have a problem with bloom filter. When made a test which tried to get
some nonexistent keys, it seemed that the bloom filter does not work. The
'BloomFilterFalseRatio' was 1.0 and the 'BloomFilterFalsePositives' was
rising and the disk I/O utils reached 100% according to 'iostat'.

    I found the patch in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2637 , but in my cluster key
cache had been enabled already.  My Cassandra version is 0.7.3. There are 3
nodes and RF is 3.

    Thanks for your help.

--
by Preston Chang

Re: BloomFilterFalsePositives equals 1.0

Posted by Chris Burroughs <ch...@gmail.com>.
To be precise, you made n requests for non-existent keys, got n negative