Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Oskar <ok...@centrum.cz> on 2003/07/06 14:28:32 UTC

Flushing

Hi,
I have script that is doing some time consuming operations hence have set $|=1 to disable buffering. It works correctly in command line but when I run it as cgi it does buffers everything and flushing does not work. After reaching timeout limit it displays server error. I have apache 1.3
Does anyone here has suggestion how to prevent it (other then increasing the timeout limit because it then returns 404 to client)?
Thanks Oskar

Re: Flushing

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/performance.html#Using____1_Under_mod_perl_and_Better_print___Techniques_

Re: Flushing

Posted by Ged Haywood <ge...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hello there,

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003, Oskar wrote:

> I have script that is doing some time consuming operations

This has been discussed many times on the List, check the archives.

73,
Ged.