Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2011/10/19 23:10:56 UTC

Missing subsystem dependencies?

I'm trying to build subsystem trunk and can't figure out where (at least) these artifacts come from:

    	<dependency>
            <groupId>org.eclipse</groupId>
            <artifactId>osgi</artifactId>
            <version>3.8.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>
    	<dependency>
    		<groupId>org.eclipse.equinox</groupId>
    		<artifactId>coordinator</artifactId>
    		<version>1.0.0.v20110314</version>
    	</dependency>
    	<dependency>
            <groupId>org.eclipse.equinox</groupId>
            <artifactId>region</artifactId>
            <version>1.0.0.v20110506</version>
        </dependency>

Can someone who knows please either

- arrange for the released artifacts to get to maven central

- update an appropriate pom with a publicly visible official repository in a <repository> element

- put a comment in the pom saying where to get them from.

- make an aries svn repo containing these artifacts and use it in an appropriate pom (this is likely to annoy infra).

BTW I'd really prefer if we avoided unofficial repos like http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.eclipse.org/eclipseMirror/rt/eclipselink/maven.repo/.

thanks
david jencks

Re: Missing subsystem dependencies?

Posted by John W Ross <jw...@us.ibm.com>.
See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES-763.

David, please let me know if you still have issues.

~ John

> Subject
>
> Re: Missing subsystem dependencies?
>
> Hi John, I see that RFC 175 was published in the latest draft [1] so
> this can be added to Equinox.
>
> Regards, Graham.
>
> [1] http://www.infoq.com/news/2011/10/osgi-early
>
> On 21 October 2011 00:27, John W Ross <jw...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> > Thanks. This seems like the way to go, at least for now, as it's
easier
> > than manually creating the local m2 entries. I updated the subsystem
root
> > pom to remove some obsolete modules.
> >
> > As to the VersionRange issue, OSGi RFC 175 introduced this class.
There is
> > an OSGi implementation, but it hasn't been included in an Equinox
build
> > yet because the RFC has not been approved. I have a special build in
my
> > workspace that includes it. So, for now, I will either need to copy
that
> > class over to the subsystems project (assuming that won't violate
> > Apache/Aries or OSGi policies, of course, which I'll look into) or I
will
> > need to remove references to it and replace the functionality with
> > something else.
> >
> > ~ John
> >

> >> Subject
> >>
> >> Re: Missing subsystem dependencies?
> >>
> >> John,
> >>
> >> Thanks for the hints.  I tracked down some similar artifacts and
> >> also found a plugin that will download them and install locally.  I
> >> added a fetch-external profile to the root subsystem pom and put the
> >> regular build in a default profile and changed the readme so it has
> >> instructions.
> >>
> >> The build currently fails for me due to a missing
> >> org.osgi.framework.VersionRange which isn't in the org.eclipse:osgi
> >> jar I found.  I think I also found a more recent coordinator jar but
> >> didn't update the version appropriately.  Could you take a look and
> >> see if you can straighten these out?
> >>
> >> thanks
> >> david jencks

Equinox